Monday, June 30, 2008

Yaya

hello,

Yesterday was such a great day. We went to the beach with the kids and we had so much fun. I am so in love with one of the kids in the class, his name is Yaya(BIGDADDY). He has a smile that is so innocent. He kinda reminds me of my nephew when i think about it . We sat by each other on our way to the beach. When we got there he took off his pants,his shirt.and went swimming in his spider man boxers,he looked soo cute. Yaya is like my strength here. sometimes I feel like I cant handle being here, but when I see him smile at me I gain this abstract strength. His smile is like medicine to my soul. I hate to think about when I have to leave him. He has taught me a lot since I've been here. He smiles in the mist of his poverty, he's a leader amongst his peers even though they might be older than him , and he loves photography. With his passion, determination ,and obedience. Yaya will go very Farr in life.

1 comment:

Janet Reynolds said...

It is so great reading your comments and the pictures are wonderful. Am happy you are having such a great time. Cape Coast is truly an experience you will never forget. Enjoy it all and keep the posts coming. Hugs to all especially the kids. Wish I could meet them too. Take care and keep enjoying this experience.

Jamie's MOM!!!