Monday, June 16, 2008

Almost there

It's getting down to the wire, but we are all almost ready to go.  Bags are almost packed aside from about 200 rolls of film that I can't seem to figure out where their gonna go, but I'll find a place.  Hoping that we get some nice tired security folks that will be patient with my request to hand check all of our film (about 400 rolls total)! It's been a long road getting to this point, but we did it and everyone is really excited.  

I'm really glad that Jamie has been in Ghana for two weeks now working with her students and securing our housing situation, not to mention beginning to plan our action packed itinerary.  This is going to really be an amazing experience for all of us and I feel really privileged to share this with Bethany, Naomi, Dijorn, Karen, Marcio, Jontonnette, Jamie and Vivian.  Look for more words from the other side of the Atlantic soon!

Erik

2 comments:

The Mommy said...

I am so proud of everyone!
These guys are traveling farther before high school is over, than most of their peers will ever go. Shoot your hearts out and write everything down. My heart is flying along with you!
Fairlight

Janet Reynolds said...

This is Jamie's mom writing. I was with her during her first trip to Ghana in 2004 and sure wish I could be a fly on the wall. Be prepared to smell smells, see sights and hear sounds you have never seen before. Have the trip of your life and always remember you are Ambassadors of your country - be full of kindness and gratitude. My best to everyone for this fabulous trip.

Jamie's MOM and stepdad, Janet & Bill!!!!