Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today is the day

I can't believe that I'm just 11 hours away from Accra, Ghana. This is truly an opportunity of a lifetime. We all had to meet up at the SFO airport at 4:30 in the morning!!! I didn't even sleep because i was so excited. Fortunately, my family and boyfriend got to come. I miss them to death right now. Yes, I cried, only because I won't be just "one call away". So as soon as I get to Accra, it's a MUST that I purchase a calling card and mail out postcards. But the blogspot is super cool because I can just reach out to almost anyone. Well.....I would type up a longer blog, but we're about to board!!! Keep us in your prayers! I wil lbe back on ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ghana here I come!

5 comments:

Don Anderson said...

Your blogs are wonderful and make me excited even though I am not on the plane. Good luck to all the FXers on the trip. I hope you have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear your first hand accounts of the trip when you return.

Anthony said...

We all miss you to baby. O and no lie I shed a couple tears too, but knowing that you’re in good hands makes it easier to let you go. Just try and keep in touch because I’m lost with out you. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait for all the stories and pictures. I Love You Baby!!!

5h4d0w said...

We miss you too. We stayed till the airport security hand checked that big bag of film Erik was carrying.
Your mom says, "Don't forget the stuff I told you."

-Daddy

the notorious l.e.p. said...

This is for my beautiful sisters Bethany and Naomi. Thought about you all day today! SO excited for you and I can't wait to hear (and SEE) all about it!

I love you and I'm so proud of the two of you!

xo
-nana

Unknown said...

Just wishing you a safe trip!

Prayers out,
Jim (Orlando's friend)