Monday, June 23, 2008

Loving Ghana

I love it out here, it's so great! The weather isn't as warm as I expected, but it's still pretty hot. I've met the kids in Nima, and they are amazing. It's rally different out here, I'm still trying to adapt to their culture. But the one thing I know I adapted to is the food! It's so good! It always has a spice to it so im happy about thaat. It has only been 5days out of our 3weeks here. I have so many Mosquito bites, they all look swollen and just ugly. i can't wait till we see more of the city, i just don't like walking much, it's good and all but we get so hot and sweatty. We went to the soccer game and Ghana won! Everyone has so much spirit and energy. When they made a goal, everyone got up and danced, and moved around, it was just amazing. I have been talking to a lot of people here and they all seem pretty nice, but they all won't believe that I'm only 15yrs old. I jus have my Nikon camera to grear young photagraphe named Yaw. He didnt have a reaction when I gave it to him but he looked kinda happy. Earlier that day we had a party for Jamie, we played music, dance, and had a great time. I love to be be in the cars here because everyone drives so aggressive, its just fun! But I did hit my head a few times. I can't wait to see what Ghana has in stores for me.

3 comments:

5h4d0w said...

Have you adjusted to the malaria medicine?
What's your favorite food dish so far?

-Orlando (Beth and Naomi's dad)

Unknown said...

I'm glad that your adjusting pretty good. Sounds like everybody had a nice time at the Soccer Game.

love,

Kathy (Bethany and Naomi's mom)

siamack said...

Ouch! Mosquito bites…long live Malaria pills! I hope the forecast is wrong and it doesn’t rain. It’s probably humid enough!

As hot and sweaty as it may be, you are smart to walk around the city. The rule of thumb for travel is, the faster you go, the less you experience. If you cross the country on an airplane, you will see nothing local. Slow down and go by car and you’ll see the landscape. Walk the city and you’ll meet the people, smell the food and hear the sounds of the culture….and as a bonus get stressed out by the mad drivers!?

You are amazingly thoughtful. It is such a kind gesture to take a camera with you in order to give it to a complete stranger. I guess Yaw is not a stranger anymore!