Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Less than 1 day left

I just read all the blogs and comments for the first time and I got a little teary eyed. Everyone is so excited and the comments were so supportive. This trip has been 2 years in the making and we could not have done it without all the great people who supported us. Thanks again!
I came to Ghana 2 weeks early to sort things out and just in case anything fell through. Good thing I came because our original place to stay no longer had room for us. I've spent the last 2 weeks looking for a new house for the group. I called anyone and everyone I could think of and had friends of friends asking around. Finally I met Joanna and she has a brand new guest house that officially opened the day before I met her. The timing could not have been more perfect and it's such a nice place! The group is going to have TV, airconditioning, every room has it's own bathroom and hot water showers. WOW! I've never had it this good in Ghana.
I'll be meeting them at the airport in 14 hours and I'm SO excited. I can't wait to watch everyone stare out the window during the first car ride from the airport. I'm already imaging how they will be amazed at the women carrying massive amount of goods on their head with perfect balance and baby strapped to their back. The shock and bewilderment will start the minute they step off the airplane and I can't wait to experience it all again through their eyes.
I'm must admit though I am a little nervous. I have 8 obrunis (foreigners) to take care of and I'm the only one who knows their way around this city. Luckily Ghanaian people are some of the most kind and helpful people on earth so I know I will have help from all the curious onlookers.
-Jamie

3 comments:

5h4d0w said...

Jamie,

You're the best!!!
I appreciate all the hard work you put in making sure all is in readiness. Brand spanking new accommodations... who could ask for more?


-Orlando

Janet Reynolds said...

Should be quite an arrival and a first ride in a trotro! EVERYONE DO ENJOY AND EXPERIENCE ALL YOU CAN.

Love you Jamie, MOM!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie,

Happy Birthday wish i was there to celebrate with you.
Thanks for taking care of our Bethany and Naomi

-Kathy