Saturday, June 28, 2008

New friends.

Michael and Me.

Naomi, Michael, Me



CHEESE!!!




Hannan my sweetheart!!! He melts my heart everytime.


I got up pretty early this morning because I was excited to go to the internet cafe. We try to make it a habit of posting blogs everyday, but sometimes it's difficult to squeeze that into such a tight schedule. After about 1hr 1/2 at the cafe, our driver James FINALLY arrived to pick us up (he always runds on Ghanaian time). Our first destination- the post office. After mailing out letters and purchasing a few calling cards we went out for lunch at Sunshine Salad Bar. My stomach was having major issues (aka diarrhea). Marcio gave me 3 anti-diarrhea pills so the next time I GOTTA GO, I'll take one. So for lunch, I decided to stick with fries(in Ghana they call french fries "chips"). That should trigger something...haha.



Crazy shopping day at the market!!!



I don't know if I want to go back...everyone wants you to buy from them. If we shove hard they just pull harder! On top of that, it was just a busy and hot day. I made new friends, Mama Unice(she calls me "the daughter from my stomach"), Felix Quaye (he is in love with Naomi), Abraham Sarpong (funnny!!!), Bismark (what a joker), and Michael (the boy who wants to be "best friend"). It was fun talking with all of them, so I just might be back for some last minute things.



Fun with Kelvin's Students



Kelvin is a long time friend of Jamie, so we visited with his students. They tought us some of their traditional games and songs. When it was our turn to teach them, they went crazy!!! Everyone wanted to participate in Duck-duck-duck goose!!! I think I was having just as much fun because it brought back memories from my elementary school days. The kids were great and they treated us like celebrities almost because they wanted our signatures as a keepsake. After a while I got so tired because I didn't have energy left- but the kids kept going and going!!! I played with a few of the girls and they tought me a game called, "My Grandmother". The words go like this:

My Grandmother on my waste.

She don't know how to salute.

The time si now six o'clock.

We are ready to brush our teeth.

We are ready to comb our hair.

We are ready to go to school,school, school, school

2 comments:

5h4d0w said...

I LOVE Michael's shirt (hint... hint)
I love the pics you guys are posting, but I also LOVE to read about all of your adventures (BIG HINT to uber)

-Daddy

Don Anderson said...

Beth, you are a fine blogger. You write about specific things (sometimes too specific!) and that makes your experiences real to me. I love reading your blogs.