Friday, June 20, 2008

IM HERE

IM HERE! i have been in Africa for 2 days now and it been great . everyone here is so beautiful. its not as hot as i thought it was going to be. when i first got off the plane i couldn't believe i was in ghana. it took a second for me to soak it all in. although its only been 2 days i have learned and felt so much from my people , and the reason i say my people is because i have seen people here who look just like my aunties, my uncles ,and my cousins,the look in their faces is filled with so much passion and beauty. i have meet me a friend and his name is bismark. hes 18 just like me and just finish high school. i asked if he was going to attend college and he told me he was going to take a year off so he could raise money for school, and i thought that was a great idea. the people here have to work extremely hard to make it to the top. some of the natives look at me and think i rich. i tyred to explain to them just because I'm American doesn't meant I'm rich. then i get looks like I'm joking. it has been very hard for me to see my people struggled the way they do. since i been here I'm already have a having a hard time trying to enjoy myself . on our way to lunch yesterday a lady and her baby was siting on a step. she ask me for money so she and her baby can eat. she was rude nor aggressive. i did refuse her the money because there were so many other beggers around i didn't know what to do. i think about that lady and her baby every time i eat or when i able to take a shower. since i been here i have been praying for my people and their poverty. it hurts my soul knowing babies are crying because their hungry, and that's hard for me to accpect. yes i love being here but my soul is crying because my people are suffering .
xoxo STAR

3 comments:

Mommie said...

Hello Star,

i miss you so much- but I am so glad you have this opportunity to do something diffierent- see the world through your lens and not some one elses- I know you are having a hard time-You do not like to see anybody suffer. Sometime it has to e way - for people to see and create meaning for thier own lives. don't let go to waste. I know this experinceis going to help you create future where you do give back- and share the love and care that you have.

I miss you so much- I am glad I was able to find your blog.

Mommie said...

I am trying comment

Mommie said...

can you email me