Tuesday, July 1, 2008

long lost post



Hi all,

I have been busy writing at home on my laptop and have been trying to copy it into the blog with no luck.  Even Vivian, our resident blog expert, hasn't been able to figure it out.  My luck!  Anyway, I wanted to at least let you all know that I am still here and have been a bit sick, but on the mend.  I got a cold and fever for a couple of days mostly due to lack of sleep and I'm sure a bit of the pollution here.  On top of that, last week I had to go out walking late at night and my feet and ankles got bitten by ants ( I assume they were ants) and I look like I have leprosy now.  Check out the picture!

Aside from the ailments things are going fine here overall.  We have had fairly regular power outages and that means no A/C, fans, refrigeration or even water pressure.  For some reason the A/C in my room seems to stay on when everything else goes off.  I can't complain.

Hopefully at some point I will figure out how to get my original posts on line for you all as I do not have time to rewrite everything right now.  

What I do want to say is that we have been really enjoying our time in Nima with the kids there and our trip to the beach the other day was really fun, even though it was one of the dirtiest beaches I have ever seen.  That didn't stop the kids from having fun and swimming.  Lots of smiles all the way around.  

Today we go to Cape Coast and none of us may have internet access for a couple days so please don't be surprised by our brief silence online.  It will be nice to get away from Accra.  It is so noisy and crowded and dirty here that a visit to a smaller city will be nice.  There is noise everywhere all the time.  On the trotro music blasts constantly, on the streets there is music or public announcements, wherever you are there is noise and sometimes it is nice to retreat into the quiet room at home here.  

Time to run back to the house and get ready to leave.  We'll see you all soon.

Erik

2 comments:

5h4d0w said...

I hope you have a safe visit. The fresh air will do you good.
Possibly 2-3 days without a blog update...
Noooooooooo-hohohooo!!!
Oh well. This is a good time to slow down and recharge. You guys have been working very hard.

-Orlando

Unknown said...

What are we going to do now. No blog to read for 3 days?????? Can't wait to see all of you guys come back to the U.S. Star your picture is so pretty. Eric try putting some tiger balm on your feet.

-Kathy