Friday, July 11, 2008

Experiencing the "Ghana Blues"

I can't get Ghana out of my mind...

I'm still stuck in Ghana time. Yesterday, I tried to fight my tiredness but I ended up knocking out before 9:00 p.m.(which is real early for me btw). This morning I woke up around 4:30 and immediately began thinking of the children and all my friends in Nima---I miss them dearly. My first thought was, "Wow, I was just in Africa two days ago." It felt different not waking up to the roosters crowing and not hearing Jontonette wake me up saying, "Bethany! Move over!" (she was my roomie and I was a crazy sleeper). My dad says it may take awhile to get over the "Ghana Blues". He's right---I'll be thinking of my friends until the day I return to visit (hopefully with the FX crew). Lord willing that will come soon.

Visiting Raley's after sooo long...

The day after we got back from the trip, I dropped by to visit my co-workers at Raley's Supermarket. Everyone was super excited to see me back. It was a really good feeling to see courtesy clerks again (I can't wait to start work). Ahmad, my best, worked yesterday---OH MAN HE GAVE ME THE BIGGEST/WARMEST/TIGHTEST HUG EVER!!! Everyone wanted to know how the trip went and almost everyone asked me the same question: "Will you go back?" And I said "yes" every time. I still have another week off work, so I have some time to get settled in. There's so much more I want to share!!!

One thing I can say that I am NOT missing---

GETTING BIT UP BY MOSQUITOS!
(I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SWELLINGS TO GO DOWN.) 
I CAN FINALLY SLEEP IN PEACE!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you Bethany on not itching anymore. Those bites are still killing me. You'll get caught up on sleep soon enough. I'm still feeling half awake too.